141176Re: How to capitalize the first letter of each word?

  • Bee
    Feb 8, 2014
      On Saturday, February 8, 2014 7:06:51 AM UTC-8, Tim Chase wrote:
      > On 2014-02-08 08:53, Peng Yu wrote:
      > > I need to capitalize the first letter of each word within a visual
      > > block. Is there a quick way to do it vim? Thanks.
      > You might try
      > :'<,'>s/\%V\<./\u&/g
      > which could be easily mapped if you do it frequently.

      I have been using:

      " Titlecase A Line Or Selection
      vmap \<F6> :s/\%V\<./\u&/ge<cr>
      nmap \<F6> V\<F6>
      imap \<F6> <C-O>\<F6>

      I have incsearch set and would like to turn off highlighting after the search. I have a mapping to do this manually:

      " manually disable search highlight
      nmap <silent> <F4> :nohlsearch<cr>
      imap <F4> <C-O><F4>
      vmap <F4> <esc><F4>gv

      I tried to combine the search replace with nohl but it did not work:

      vmap \<F6> :s/\%V\<./\u&/ge<cr> | :nohlsearch

      Is there a way to do this?