141160Utf8 issue

  • Andrew DeMaria
    Feb 7, 2014
      Sorry if this ends up being a duplicate post, but it seems that my first message didn't go through:

      Hi all,

      I was messing around with Utf-8 characters and specifically combining them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combining_character.

      I ran into the following behavior when trying to enter in the following.

      s followed by U20e6 (s^Vu20e6):

      s||

      However, I expected it to be overlayed.
      Now, if I typed (notice the additional s on the end):

      s^Vu20e6s

      I would get a normal s followed by one that was properly overlaid.

      Now even weirder is if I then moved my cursor to the left of the previously typed sequence, the overlaid marks disappeared. If I moved the cursor back to the right, it would show back up.

      Here is some vim info:
      > uname -a
      > Linux WhosYourDaddy 3.12.9-2-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Jan 31 10:22:54 CET 2014 x86_64 GNU/Linux
      >

      > VIM - Vi IMproved 7.4 (2013 Aug 10, compiled Jan 10 2014 09:33:13)
      > Included patches: 1-135
      > Compiled by Arch Linux
      > Huge version with GTK2 GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
      > +acl +conceal +farsi +libcall +mouse_netterm +profile +syntax +visualextra
      > +arabic +cryptv +file_in_path +linebreak +mouse_sgr +python +tag_binary +viminfo
      > +autocmd +cscope +find_in_path +lispindent -mouse_sysmouse -python3 +tag_old_static +vreplace
      > +balloon_eval +cursorbind +float +listcmds +mouse_urxvt +quickfix -tag_any_white +wildignore
      > +browse +cursorshape +folding +localmap +mouse_xterm +reltime -tcl +wildmenu
      > ++builtin_terms +dialog_con_gui -footer +lua +multi_byte +rightleft +terminfo +windows
      > +byte_offset +diff +fork() +menu +multi_lang +ruby +termresponse +writebackup
      > +cindent +digraphs +gettext +mksession -mzscheme +scrollbind +textobjects +X11
      > +clientserver +dnd -hangul_input +modify_fname +netbeans_intg +signs +title -xfontset
      > +clipboard -ebcdic +iconv +mouse +path_extra +smartindent +toolbar +xim
      > +cmdline_compl +emacs_tags +insert_expand +mouseshape +perl -sniff +user_commands +xsmp_interact
      > +cmdline_hist +eval +jumplist +mouse_dec +persistent_undo +startuptime +vertsplit +xterm_clipboard
      > +cmdline_info +ex_extra +keymap +mouse_gpm +postscript +statusline +virtualedit -xterm_save
      > +comments +extra_search +langmap -mouse_jsbterm +printer -sun_workshop +visual -xpm

      Does anyone else see this behavior?