141034Re: map with empty yank

  • Christian Brabandt
    Jan 28, 2014
      On Di, 28 Jan 2014, Carlos Pita wrote:
      > thanks for your prompt reply! It's still not clear to me whether
      > yanking a non-existent text object always raises an error or not.
      > cpoptions E seems to apply to y<motion> but it's not clearly stated
      > (at least, I can't find that statement) what happens with y<object>.

      I think, there is no such thing as an empty text object. If the text
      object isn't valid, Vim raises an error and this also happens in normal
      mode (you can see, by :set visualbell and see how the terminal flashes
      when doing yi< and the cursor not being within a <> pair.

      This errors causes, that your mapping will be aborted.

      Best,
      Christian
      --
      I disagree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to
      tell such LIES!