Starting last week or the week before - several files I was editing without problems started becoming readonly. It can happen on the first or the second write- it is indeed quite random.
However, I tried with a clean vimrc and empty bundle of scripts and it still persists.
I did check every folder (and all files) where I was editing.
Indeed every folder on my entire Windows 7 system is marked "Read-Only" this problem seems to spook Windows users (http://itexpertvoice.com/home/fixing-the-windows-7-read-only-folder-blues/)
I'm unsure whether this is Vim or Windows' fault ?
I tried alot of the suggestions on the Windows side of things (couldn't find much help in Vim threads) - none of it worked.
I closed all applications that could lock the filesystem (Kaspersky, SpiderOak for backups).
Using "set noreadonly" doesn't work either. It reappears as "readonly"
error E505 or E45 "readonly".
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@...
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.