139879vim (windows only) readonly problem (on folders?)

  • dza
    Nov 11, 2013
      Hello guys.

      Starting last week or the week before - several files I was editing without problems started becoming readonly. It can happen on the first or the second write- it is indeed quite random.

      However, I tried with a clean vimrc and empty bundle of scripts and it still persists.

      I did check every folder (and all files) where I was editing.

      Indeed every folder on my entire Windows 7 system is marked "Read-Only" this problem seems to spook Windows users (http://itexpertvoice.com/home/fixing-the-windows-7-read-only-folder-blues/).

      I'm unsure whether this is Vim or Windows' fault ?

      I tried alot of the suggestions on the Windows side of things (couldn't find much help in Vim threads) - none of it worked.

      I closed all applications that could lock the filesystem (Kaspersky, SpiderOak for backups).

      Using "set noreadonly" doesn't work either. It reappears as "readonly"

      error E505 or E45 "readonly".

      Regards,
      Christoffer.