139597Re: Vimscript - how to make menu/selection similar to `z=` and `g `

  • glts
    Oct 21, 2013
      On Monday, October 21, 2013 3:23:27 PM UTC+2, Bruno Sutic wrote:
      > I began learning vim script from the most excellent resource: http://learnvimscriptthehardway.stevelosh.com/
      >
      > I noticed 2 things "vim can do", but I don't know how to re-use for my scripts:
      >
      > 1. when the cursor is on a spelling error, you can press `z=` to get a list of possible corrections. Is there a way I can get that behavior and use it for other things?
      > Naturally, I wouldn't use that for spell correction - but for let's say a choosing an option from a long list.

      You can, and many plugins already do. Though it works in insert mode
      (like CTRL-X CTRL-S). The documentation has a full example. It's at:

      :h complete-functions

      > 2. when using ctags with vim, you can press g<Ctrl-]> to get a (colored) "menu" with a list of matching tags and a prompt to jump to selected tag (just a note - the menu and prompt is shown only if there's more matches for the current tag).
      > Now, the same as above - is there a way to get this exact menu/prompt for other scripts and other uses?

      You can use inputlist(), but probably not with colours.

      :h inputlist()

      Check out ":h function-list", too, maybe there's something more to your
      liking.

      Best,