139488Re: ESC key stopped working -- any alternate for menuless vim to get to normal mode?

  • Erik Christiansen
    Oct 10, 2013
      On 09.10.13 23:02, Michael Hernandez wrote:
      > Late to the party here but am I the only one who uses CTRL - [ as an
      > escape "key" 99% of the time? I went weeks with a broken esc key, only
      > changed it when it made pair programming suck.

      Quite possibly ... there seem to be so many habits - a testament to the
      flexibility of the platform we use. It is so long since I mapped
      CapsLock to Escape in X, that I now have to do it on any machine I use,
      or chaos reigns. Doing it in X means that the mapping works everywhere,
      even in firefox. Since I generally don't shout, either in emails or
      anywhere else, it is rare that I need more than one capital letter at
      the time - but if I do, then there is ^F, which CAPITALISES the word
      before the cursor, while in insert mode. So who needs CapsLock?

      Erik

      --
      Leibowitz's Rule:
      When hammering a nail, you will never hit your finger if you hold the