139475Re: Access recent searches when in command mode

  • Dimitar DIMITROV
    Oct 9, 2013
      >I do a lot of pattern-matching searches using the / search command. Then when I've settled on the correct regular expression that grabs just the right group of characters I want, I go :s/ to start a substitution command. Now I'm in the middle of the substitution command and I have to re-enter my complex regular expression that's in my search history from before. Is there an easy way to yank it so Ii don't to re-type it?

      This is my solution (in ~/.vimrc):

      " Switch between command line commands
      cmap <silent> <c-g> <c-f>:call cmdline#switch('g')<cr>

      defined in:
      https://github.com/kurkale6ka/vim/blob/master/autoload/cmdline.vim

      Dimitar Dimitrov