139415Re: Each buffer in own tab/function lookup seem to clash

  • Henry Combrinck
    Oct 2, 2013
      > > If that doesn't work, you could try modifying your MatchCaseTag function
      > > to issue a second tjump command in case the first doesn't work. It's a
      > > hack, but maybe it will fix your problem.

      By "in case the first doesn't work" I presume you mean an exception?

          try
              exe 'tjump ' . expand('<cword>')
          catch
              exe 'tjump ' . expand('<cword>')
          finally
             let &ic = ic
          endtry

      But this doesn't do much because the first exe/tjump doesn't actually "fail" per se:  it always opens the file successfully...

      Unless I'm not understanding your suggestion correctly?

      On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Ben Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:
      On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 1:08:02 AM UTC-5, Henry wrote:

      > > I think instead of BuffAdd, I'd first try BufWinEnter. If that doesn't work,
      > > then maybe BufReadPost would work.
      >
      > Spent some time brushing up on events at
      > http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/autocmd.html#{event}
      >
      > Sadly, "au BufWinEnter * nested tab sball" results in the error
      > "E435: Couldn't find tag, just guessing"
      >
      > And so does "au BufReadPost * nested tab sball"
      >
      > At times like this I wish I could slip into an alternate universe for a few weeks or months and study the problem to the exclusion of all else in as much depth as required until a solution is found, then return to "now" where my eyelids have yet to complete their last lubricating blink and be hailed an all-knowing demi god.
      >
      > oh well.

      Does the suggested workaround of issuing a second tag jump command get you the desired behavior? I'm kind of out of ideas after that since different autocmd events don't seem to avoid the problem.