139362Re: error M:\_viminfo!
- Sep 27, 2013On Friday, September 27, 2013 9:43:18 AM UTC-5, Gooderam wrote:
>What DOES happen when you hit ESC in insert mode? ESC is an extremely basic feature and it should always work.
> I do have a question though. Vi has worked well for me on this computer for many years. (windows 7) But now when I press ESC to exit from the text mode. It does not work. I have discovered that F1 sort of works. But it gives me an error as well, E433: No tags file and E149: Sorry, no help for help.txt and Press Enter or type command to continue. Then I am it the right mode like I press ed ESC. I dont know why this has changed. I dont recall changing anything.
> Is there any way to get back my ESC.
Unless, of course:
1. You have an insert-mode mapping for <ESC>
2. You have the option 'insertmode' set
3. You are using Vim in "easy mode" (i.e. your Vim is named "evim", or you launch it as "vim -y" or "gvim -y")
Are any of these true?
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@....
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>