139320Re: Question about communication with system clipboard

  • Nikolay Pavlov
    Sep 25, 2013

      On Sep 25, 2013 3:34 PM, "tooth pik" <toothpik6@...> wrote:

      > On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 02:22:09AM -0700, Jacek Czaja wrote:
      > > Hi,
      >
      > > Thanks for all responses. I tried with "+ register but results are
      > > still not good eg. When I close Vim (gVim) I loose information from
      > > clipboard.
      >
      > > Actually so far I tried on my Fedora (gVim 7.4 Huge), Ubuntu 12.04
      > > (gVim 7.3 1-429 Huge) and Windows7 (gVim7.4) and it worked only on
      > > windows. On windows I was able to copy to "* , close gvim and then
      > > with mouse paste information i copied to "* to my browser.
      >
      > > On Linux it did not work so far ( I tried with "+ and "*).
      >
      > > I read in pointed manual (x11-selection) that before vim is
      > > closed/suspended it should copy "+ into CUT_BUFFER0  so information is
      > > not lost.
      >
      > > I tried xsel application that can manipulate
      > > PRIMARY,SECONDARY,CLIPBOARD registers eg. I can look what it is stored
      > > in them and put some content there. And when I close my gVim and there
      > > I print CLIPBOARD or any other  there is nothing there ,although it
      > > was expected content there when gVim was running.
      >
      > > I would be grateful for some more suggesstions
      >
      > I use openSUSE.  For me the application I had to install is named
      > "clipboard".  When it runs it puts a paperclip icon in the default
      > panel.  I suspect it is be called "clipboard" for other variants of
      > linux as well.

      In Gentoo there are klipper and possibly qlipper, wmcliphist and clipbook for this job, but no "clipboard". (Possibly = I deduced their purpose from their description, but am not using them myself.) There should be also a GTK/GNOME program g* that does same job, but I do not remember how it was called.