139229Re: undo/redo problem

  • Christian Brabandt
    Sep 18, 2013
      On Thu, September 19, 2013 07:13, tom arnall wrote:
      > I am having a problem with redo/undo behavior. Every week or so, I
      > will accidentally wipe out some text and when I try to get it back
      > with undo and/or redo, it never reappears, no matter what direction I
      > go. My undo level is 5000. History is at default.

      What commands did you exactly try? Can you check the output of
      :echo chagnenr()
      What happens if you do:
      :earlier 9999
      and then step through your undo history using g+ (normal mode command)?

      Note, a plugin like histwin or undotree might help you in determinig the
      undo states you are looking for.

      regards,
      Christian