139152Re: Vimdiff, version 7.4 on Windows 7

  • Stephen Lin
    Sep 13, 2013

      I read through several replied, including Macio Gill's second post of the following:
      > then I put the line:
      echo '!' . cmd . ' ' . opt . arg1 . ' ' . arg2 . ' > ' . arg3 . eq
      > before this in the _vimrc (copied from vimrc_example.vim):
      silent execute '!' . cmd . ' ' . opt . arg1 . ' ' . arg2 . ' > ' .
      arg3 . eq

      Honestly speaking, it is very confusiong because I do not know what "put the line" means. and nor what "silent execute..." means.

      I did try to follow it and nothing works.

      This is what I did and it works (and not confusion):

      1. In Win7, I copied "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vim\-vimrc" files to a directory that I have access right.
      (such as C:\temp\-vimrc)
      2. I edited C:\temp\-vimrc with editor
      - remove all the lines below the 4th line
      (That is, I deleted lines such as "set diffexpr=MyDiff()"
      and all the lines below this "set diffexpr=MyDiff()"

      3. Saved this file
      4. I manage to copy this file back to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vim\-vimrc"
      In Exploer, cut and paste, I was asked "administive right" to over write the existing "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vim\-vimrc"

      5. I went to the directory where I have 2 files that I want to diff. I highlight those two files with mouse, right click and select "Diff with Vim"

      6. Now, I no longer get the E810 and E70 errors. Instead, the VIM windows displays the different as expected.