139152Re: Vimdiff, version 7.4 on Windows 7
- Sep 13, 2013Hi,
I read through several replied, including Macio Gill's second post of the following:
> then I put the line:echo '!' . cmd . ' ' . opt . arg1 . ' ' . arg2 . ' > ' . arg3 . eq
> before this in the _vimrc (copied from vimrc_example.vim):silent execute '!' . cmd . ' ' . opt . arg1 . ' ' . arg2 . ' > ' .
arg3 . eq
Honestly speaking, it is very confusiong because I do not know what "put the line" means. and nor what "silent execute..." means.
I did try to follow it and nothing works.
This is what I did and it works (and not confusion):
1. In Win7, I copied "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vim\-vimrc" files to a directory that I have access right.
(such as C:\temp\-vimrc)
2. I edited C:\temp\-vimrc with editor
- remove all the lines below the 4th line
(That is, I deleted lines such as "set diffexpr=MyDiff()"
and all the lines below this "set diffexpr=MyDiff()"
3. Saved this file
4. I manage to copy this file back to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vim\-vimrc"
In Exploer, cut and paste, I was asked "administive right" to over write the existing "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vim\-vimrc"
5. I went to the directory where I have 2 files that I want to diff. I highlight those two files with mouse, right click and select "Diff with Vim"
6. Now, I no longer get the E810 and E70 errors. Instead, the VIM windows displays the different as expected.
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@....
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>