139078Display of Emoticons and characters from Indic scripts in GVim

  • Sibin Thomas
    Sep 6, 2013
      Hi,

      Is it possible to read Unicode text with characters from Indic scripts (e.g. http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0900.pdf) in GVim?

      Similarly is it possible to display the emoticons (http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U1F600.pdf) embedded in Unicode text when I open such text in GVim?

      If the answer to either of the above questions are "Yes", then please tell me how to display these characters in GVim in my system*.
      Currently all I see are hollow square boxes and I have tried all the font options that are available via :se guifont=*. For the record, the options available to me are - Consolas, Courier, Courier New, Courier10 BT, DejaVu Sans Mono, Fixedsys, Lucida Console and Terminal.

      * I work on a 64 bit Windows 7 system.
      Additional info, I have the following snippet embedded in my vimrc -

      if has("multi_byte")
        if &termencoding == ""
          let &termencoding = &encoding
        endif