139058Re: Set different highlighting for Search versus current quickfix error

    Sep 4, 2013
      On 04/09/13 23:51, Paul wrote:
      > The GUI highlighting for the current quickfix item seems to be the same as whatever I set the Search group to. Is there a way to have a different guibg color?

      Ah? With me it doesn't: I just did a :helpgrep, and the current quickfix
      item didn't get _any_ highlighting: with the cursor on it,

      :echomsg synIDattr(synID(line("."),col("."),0),"name")
      synIDattr(synIDtrans(synID(line("."),col("."),0)),"name")
      synIDattr(synID(line("."),col("."),1),"name")
      synIDattr(synIDtrans(synID(line("."),col("."),1)),"name")

      (which is a command defined as :WhatSyntax in my vimrc) didn't display
      anything. Or if it did, it was because there was some highlighted syntax
      item (such as between |bars|) just under the cursor.

      I'm using gvim 7.4.16 (Huge) with GTK2/GNOME2 GUI.

      "A bad man is worse when he pretends to be a saint."
      [Francis Bacon]