139048Re: How plugin writers write help document?

  • lith
    Sep 2, 2013
      > But some of them don't have Vim style document.
      > I am wondering is there any support tool for write vim document.
      > Or is there any good practice while writing Vim style document.

      It's not necessarily good practice but I wrote a ruby script[1] that takes a template file (which usually contains some sort of "Getting started" section) and a file list and then extracts comments from a plugin's vim source files and creates a help file for you. IMHO it's easier to keep the help file up to date this way.

      [1]
      https://github.com/tomtom/vimtlib/blob/master/ruby/vimdedoc.rb