138998Sign column always present

  • Andrew Stewart
    Aug 21, 2013

      Currently the sign column appears automatically when there are signs to show and disappears when there aren't. I'd like the option to have the sign column always present to avoid the buffer's text moving sideways every time the sign column appears or disappears.

      This would also allow me to get rid of awful hacks adding dummy signs to non-existent lines to keep the sign column present.

      (Normally I'd dive into the source and submit a patch but regrettably I haven't written C for over 20 years. It would be painful for me to write and even worse for someone to review!)

      Apologies if this isn't the right place for feature requests.

      Andy Stewart