138954Re: New dircolors syntax file with on-the-fly colour highlighting

  • Christian Brabandt
    Aug 18, 2013
      Hi tooth!

      On So, 18 Aug 2013, tooth pik wrote:

      > On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 10:15:51PM +1200, Jan Larres wrote:
      > > Hi all,
      >
      > > I have rewritten the dircolors syntax file to be able to highlight the
      > > specified colours on-the-fly, similar to what the various CSS/HTML
      > > colour highlighting scripts do. Since it was necessary to use
      > > autocommands for this, which is a bit unusual for syntax files, Bram
      > > suggested that I post it here first to see if anyone complains. If not
      > > it's going to replace the current script in the Vim distribution. So
      > > please let me know if you find any problems with it.
      >
      > forgive me for not paying enough attention to earlier discussions but
      > I seem to not know how to test this -- pray tell, what filetype would
      > a buffer want to be in order to take advantage of this colorscheme, or
      > I should probably call it a syntax
      >
      > say for example I had a buffer created via
      >
      > setlocal noswapfile
      > setlocal buftype=nofile
      > setlocal bufhidden=hide
      > r!ls -algG --group-directories-first
      >
      > I've got a home grown [much simplified] version of netrw that would be
      > a lot sexier if I could color it up with a set ft=? command
      >
      > I tried dir, directory, and netrw -- only netrw made any difference,
      > but it didn't recognize the executables as such, just the symlinks
      >
      > or do I misunderstand what dircolors syntax is for?

      I think this is for dircolors files, e.g. dircolors -p >~/.dircolors

      The .dircolors file should readily be recognized of the correct type.

      regards,
      Christian
      --
      Wie man sein Kind nicht nennen sollte: