138747Re: vim 7.4 & python3

  • inheritsfrom@...
    Aug 3, 2013
      On Friday, August 2, 2013 4:30:05 PM UTC-7, Andrei Olsen wrote:
      > On Saturday, August 3, 2013 12:23:51 AM UTC+2, inheri...@... wrote:
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > I install vim 7.4 via homebrew on OS X 10.8.4. But passing --with-python3 never successfully builds vim with python3 support. I had the same problem with vim 7.3. Does anyone have a solution?
      > >
      > > Thanks.
      >
      > Shouldn't it be
      >
      > ./configure --enable-python3interp=dynamic

      Thanks. But `brew install` handles the ./configure step, and simply passing --with-perl or --with-ruby or --with-python does what it's supposed to. And there actually was a time when I could --with-python3 and it would successfully link to brew installed python3.

      BTW, tried `brew install vim --enable-python3interp=dynamic` but had no success.