138701Re: perl-support equivalent for python

  • Ben Fritz
    Jul 28, 2013
      On Thursday, July 25, 2013 2:29:39 PM UTC-5, Jim Green wrote:
      > perl-support makes it so easy to write perl in vim. all the shortcuts, code autogeneration. Is there a equivalent perl-support for python?
      > Thanks!
      > Jim.

      I assume you mean this plugin (found with a Google search for "vim perl-support plugin": http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=556

      The plugin claims to make Vim a Perl IDE. So I tried searching for "vim python IDE", it came up with some results that look promising.

      Otherwise, there are many plugins out there providing one or more features listed for perl-support, though not all at one time. Most Vim plugins are more focused than that.

      Off the top of my head, I know syntastic will provide on-the-fly error highlighting, I assume there is a python compiler plugin that can check syntax highlighting using quickfix when you type ":make", there are almost TOO MANY snippet plugins out there, and there is NERD Commenter for comments. I use none of these right now, by the way, although I do use compiler plugins for other languages. I think you may have more luck searching for specific features you are looking for than trying to get it all-in-one.