138593Re: regex variable

  • shawn wilson
    Jul 19, 2013
      Just to be clear, I mentioned Ruby because don't like libpcre as much
      and haven't used ruby enough for Oniguruma
      (http://www.geocities.jp/kosako3/oniguruma/) to piss me off and afaik,
      there would be no detatching perl's regex engine from perl. So it was
      more of a comment of "I know these exist, would it be a good thing to
      have and a decent feature request to have the ability to compile other
      regex eingines in".

      On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Ben Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:

      > For searching it's not possible to use a different syntax, but you can easily do it for substitution via :perldo, :rubydo, :luado, etc. That is, if you have your Vim compiled with support for your language of choice.

      That's awesome, no more dropping out of vim to do a perl -ne. Not what
      I'm looking for here, but awesome none-the-less.