138511Re: Strange motions.

  • Nikolay Pavlov
    Jul 14, 2013

      On Jul 14, 2013 3:56 PM, "Paul Isambert" <zappathustra@...> wrote:

      > Nikolay Pavlov <zyx.vim@...> a écrit:
      > > vim-use is not a proper place to ask such question. I forwarded your
      > > message to vim-dev. Please discuss nothing here.
      >
      > The division of labour is not so airtight, Nikolay. I have posted on
      > this list, and will continue to post, about things that seem strange
      > to me, just as various bugs, possible improvements and other
      > “develish” things have been discussed here. If what I’ve found is
      > indeed a bug, I will report it as required; in the meanwhile, we’re
      > discussing Vim stuff and this is a very proper place indeed. Posting
      > to vim-dev only would make sense if my message had absolutely no
      > relevance to the average Vim user; being an average Vim user myself
      > (and consequently not subscribed to vim-dev), this here list is the
      > most natural choice.

      Inconsistency is a bug. It was fixed right after I forwarded the message and the fact that I was incorrectly blamed for reporting the bug in the commit message means that it was forwarded message that was read. If you think such thing does belong to vim-use, write two recipients: both lists.

      And note that there are nearly no bugs that do not touch vim users.