138341Re: Terminal escape sequence ^[[A (followup)

  • Tim Chase
    Jun 28, 2013
      On 2013-06-28 20:40, Tim Chase wrote:
      > There are two possibilities that occur to me.

      Okay, other possibilities occurred about 3sec after I hit <send>. I
      don't know if you have either an /etc/inputrc or ~/.inputrc that is
      interfering with your commands, but I know the readline libs check
      those for settings, so you might try moving one or both of those out
      of the way and testing again in order to get back to factory defaults.

      Also, though you mention that one is running SUSE, if the other is
      running some flavor of BSD, they tend to use editline rather than
      readline which might introduce additional oddities.

      -tim