138287Re: announce: vim-addon-errorformats

  • Marc Weber
    Jun 22, 2013
      Excerpts from Sam Roberts's message of Sat Jun 22 19:05:20 +0200 2013:
      You really want to checkout github.com/MarcWeber/vim-addon-actions, too.
      Because the make action does ask for error formats.
      While writing the library I noticed that completion for input breaks if
      you try to complete a second word, is this a known issue? It should
      behave like command, where the same implementation works. Is this a
      known issue?

      Contribute your error formats and be happy.

      Join and start having fun with Vim.

      > I think having the :compiler builtins somehow expose their
      > errorformats for use, or if vim had a ":compiler+ mocha node jshint"
      > command, that worked for all compilers, that would be really useful.

      THere is a problem with "exposing" the error formats: You have to patch
      Vim, and this will take a long time. The only chance is writing a script
      extracting the error formats, or run :compiler FOO, and reset everything
      it did .. no matter how I look at it, it doesn't get my job done, so
      I'll copy my error formats into my library and I'll be happy.

      Marc Weber