138285Re: Not working wildcards in findfile()

  • Christian Brabandt
    Jun 22, 2013
      On Fr, 21 Jun 2013, Christian Brabandt wrote:
      > On Do, 20 Jun 2013, Markus Braun wrote:
      >
      > > I have a question about using wildcards in the path argument to findfile()
      > > function. When running these commands
      > >
      > > mkdir -p "test/dir-1/" && touch "test/dir-1/foo"
      > > mkdir -p "test/dir-2/" && touch "test/dir-2/foo"
      > > mkdir -p "test/dir-3/" && touch "test/dir-3/foo"
      > > vim -u NONE -c "echo string(findfile('foo', 'test/*', -1))|call input('press ENTER to exit')|q"
      > > vim -u NONE -c "echo string(findfile('foo', 'test/dir-*', -1))|call input('press ENTER to exit')|q"
      > >
      > > I would expect vim to output both times the same output of
      > >
      > > ['test/dir-1/foo', 'test/dir-2/foo', 'test/dir-3/foo']
      > >
      > > but the second vim instance only gives
      > >
      > > []
      > >
      > > I don't understand this behavior. What am I doing wrong here?
      >
      > Looks like a bug. I almost have a working patch. I need to test it some
      > more...

      Bram,
      here is a patch, that makes findfile() behave as expected. Problem is,
      findfile() currently expects wildcards to be only after a valid
      directory name and for cases like findfile('test19.in', 'src/test*') (in
      Vim source directory), it tries to find a file 'test19.in' in a
      directory vim/src/test/ which doesn't exists and therefore fails.

      Patch contains a test.

      regards,
      Christian
      --
      "Sie servieren heute Hasenbraten, las ich draußen", sagte der Beamte der
      Gewerbeaufsicht. "Reiner Hasenbraten?"