138169vimrc is not being sourced when I spawn an interactive shell

  • Jean-Marcel Belmont
    Jun 17, 2013
      Hello everyone:

      Whenever I spawn a new interactive shell in the mac terminal like bash none of my vim scripts in ~/.vim/bundle are sourced. For example, I am running zsh version 5.0.0 on the terminal and if I type bash for instance then bash will spawn an interactive shell. But when I open vim, neither the vimrc or any of the .vim files are sourced. Is there something I must add the bashrc or bash_profile so that it knows to source vimrc and vim directories in home directory. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

      Also, I have bash version 4.2. I am running my terminal on Mac OS X 10.7.

      Sincerely,

      Jean-Marcel Belmont