137910Re: search with offset

  • Shlomi Fish
    Jun 1, 2013
      Hi Marcin,

      On Sat, 1 Jun 2013 11:40:19 +0000
      Marcin Szamotulski <mszamot@...> wrote:

      > Dear Vim Use,
      >
      > Do you know how to repeat vim search preserving the offset. For example
      > /hello/;?Mark?
      > the n and N commands seems to forget about the offset, well actually
      > they forget about the patter and remember only the offset. I would like
      > to repeat the whole search with offset though. The question is if you
      > know a plugin that does it, if not I can implement it myself. I have
      > found that vim remembers the whole search pattern+offset in the search
      > history (:h :histget()).

      You can:

      1. Set up a mark using "ma" or whatever.

      2. Record a register repeat of:

      qs`a/min<CR>q

      Then pressing "@s" will keep searching from this mark onward.

      Regards,

      Shlomi Fish

      Shlomi Fish http://www.shlomifish.org/
      List of Portability Libraries - http://shlom.in/port-libs

      SMG: It was 1997-1998ish, Buffy started airing. So one day a group of
      yeshivah pupils arrived to the studios saying they have some numereological
      insights from the Jewish bible, about what will happen in Sunnydale next.
      http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/Summerschool-at-the-NSA/