137806Re: Vundle vs Pathogen

  • Phil Dobbin
    May 23, 2013
      On 23/05/2013 16:19, Christian Brabandt wrote:

      > On Thu, May 23, 2013 14:38, Donie Leigh wrote:
      >> I found that the vim-scripts repo is not
      >> updated in time, the latest activity was carried out a month ago ! As
      >> an OCD patient of updating, I cannot tolerate old versions of vim
      >> scripts.
      >
      > I don't know what an OCD patient is, but I don't understand, why
      > you "cannot tolerate old versions of vim scripts"? If they work well
      > for you, why bother?

      For further reinforcement of what Christian's saying, refer to the first
      law of system administration: if it's working correctly unless you have
      a *really* good reason to, don't just upgrade for the sake of it.

      Cheers,

      Phil...

      --
      currently (ab)using
      CentOS 5.9 & 6.4, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy, Spherical &