137737Re: Vim opens perl files slowly everytime

  • Christian Brabandt
    May 20, 2013
      Hi Jean-Marcel!

      On So, 19 Mai 2013, Jean-Marcel Belmont wrote:

      > Hello:
      > Whenever I open a Perl file in vim with .pl file extension it takes many seconds for vim to open
      > and when vim does open I see the following message in the vim command line
      > Please install scripts to ~/.vim/bin
      > This message appears whenever I open any Perl file in vim. Why is this occurring every time?
      > I am using Mac OS X 10.7 and Vim 7.3 version in the terminal

      Try using the --startuptime option to find out what causes this. I
      doubt, a newer Vim version will be considerably faster as I don't recall
      seeing patches that make vim load faster.

      My guess is, this is caused by the perlomni plugin. There is also an
      issue about a slow opening of perl files at
      which suggests, this has been successfully resolved, so you might also
      try to update the plugin. If a newer plugin doesn't help, you should
      probably reopen this issue, assuming the perl-omni plugin is really the

      An und für sich ist jeder originell, weil er individuell ist; aber
      nicht jeder hat den Mut, er selber zu sein und zu scheinen; nur der
      Kräftige oder Berühmte oder Reiche hat ihn, weil er des Scheins
      entübrigt sein kann.
      -- Jean Paul