137655Re: Setting &titleold does not work

  • Ryan
    May 15 6:38 PM
      On Wednesday, May 15, 2013 8:07:06 PM UTC+12, Jürgen Krämer wrote:
      > Hi,
      >

      > Ryan wrote:
      >

      > > I've tried to set the title as shown in the docs:
      >

      > > set title
      >
      > > let &titlestring = "titlestring"
      >
      > > let &titleold = "titleold"
      >

      > > The title string works just fine. But, the title old does not appear to work. I am using xterm in
      >

      > > Yakuake
      >
      > > Version 2.9.6
      >
      > > KDE Dev Platform 4.4.5
      >

      > > The title after a quit is "Yakuake".
      >

      > to me this seems to be correct. ":help 'titleold'" says that this option
      >
      > is *only* used "if the original title cannot be restored".
      >

      > Regards,
      >
      > J�rgen
      >

      > --
      >
      > Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere
      >
      > in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. (Calvin)

      That's not the original title as set by me in my precmd and jobcmd alias. So, I would say technically that it is not.

      I found a hack around on the net:

      set title " show title in title bar
      let &titlestring = v:progname . " - " . " [" . $FILM . " " . $SCENE . " " . $SHOT . "]"
      auto BufEnter * let &titlestring = v:progname . " - " . expand("%:p") . " [" . $FILM . " " . $SCENE . " " . $SHOT . "]"
      function! ResetTitle()
      " disable vim's ability to set the title and let the precmd do it
      exec "set title t_ts='' t_fs=''"
      endfunction
      autocmd VimLeave * silent call ResetTitle()

      Of course when vim job is suspended this does not work. I need to investigate whether there is an autocommand for that case as well.