137589Re: How to Install Powerline on windows

  • jia sun
    May 12, 2013
      Hi friend ,

      I use GVIM&Powerline on win7  , but without Python . Here is my steps .

      1.Find tar.gz attachment , extract files under "Lokaltog-vim-powerline-d885f90" to your "vimfiles" folder.

      2.Install powerline fonts , they are also provided to you.

      3. add configuration in vimrc . The last two lines is for my poor Chinese menu , it would become garbled without them,I don't know why:(
      you can discard them when use pure English environment.

      "Powerline configuration
      set encoding=utf-8
      set laststatus=2
      set guifont=Consolas\ for\ Powerline\ FixedD:h10:cANSI
      set t_Co=256
      let g:Powerline_symbols = "fancy"
      "anti menu garbled
      source $VIMRUNTIME/delmenu.vim
      source $VIMRUNTIME/menu.vim

      内嵌图片 1

      2013/4/28 kk <bebound@...>
      Hi all
      I'm a noob of vim.
      I tried to install powerline (Lokaltog/powerline) these days, but still failed.
      There is no doc about intallation on windows,so I want to know the steps of install it on windows.

      Thanks for your sight and appriciate for any anyhelp.

      For now, I download the git zip.  Use "setup.py install" or "setup.py install"
      add vimrc"set rtp+=C:\Python33\Lib\site-
      packages\Powerline-beta-py3.3.egg\powerline\bindings\vim"
      or "set rtp+=~/.vim/bundle/powerline/powerline/bindings/vim"
      both get error message when run vim.
      Error detected while processing function Powerline:
      line 3:
      Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>",line 1,in <module>
      Error detected while processing function Powerline:
      File"c:\Python33\lib\site-packages\poerline\beta\py3.3 XXXXX" line 371,in render
      My vim is 7.7.905 with python3 and vundle