137575Re: Vim warns of swap files in "/var/tmp/"

  • Ben Fritz
    May 10, 2013
      On Friday, May 10, 2013 9:30:41 AM UTC-5, Eric Weir wrote:
      > On May 10, 2013, at 9:34 AM, Eric Weir wrote:
      > I've disabled syncing between the tablet and the macbook and will go back into my backups before I started syncing the two systems and restore my .vim folder from there.
      >
      > Actually, I had a copy that I created right before I started syncing with the tablet. I restored it.

      OK, so you are now pretty sure your .vim files are good (I guess we've moved on to a new issue...do you still get "swap exists" errors?)

      > I now get MacVim,

      Ummm...ok. What does this have to do with your .vim files? MacVim and gvim are different executables. Or are you just referring to a colorscheme?

      > but it's not reading my .vimrc.

      How do you know? Use :scriptnames to see what scripts are loaded. I find it unlikely that Vim would suddenly stop reading its own config files.

      > Some of my key mappings work, some don't.

      Which mappings? How do you define "don't work"? It is easy to see not only whether Vim has a mapping, but where it came from:

      :verbose map MyMapKeys
      :verbose map! MyMapKeys