137570Re: OutlookVim and HTML formatted emails - Vm's conceal?

  • David Fishburn
    May 10 12:51 PM

      On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 8:10 PM, Gary Johnson <garyjohn@...> wrote:

      I am using Outlook in a corporate environment where almost all
      e-mail is in HTML and replies to HTML messages are expected to be in
      HTML.  I read in OutlookVim.bas that you had tried detecting and
      editing HTML messages and that it had worked, but was inconvenient
      because of Outlook's horrible use of HTML.

      If it's not too much trouble, would you please send me or post the
      code you used to edit the HTML body?

      I made some more work on that for the 9.0 release of OutlookVim.  I tried writing out the body of the email as both HTML and RichText just to see what it would look like.

      Where it is easy enough to create the file to edit using Outlook's HTML, as you said, the HTML is pretty cluttered.

      I was going to try to see if Vim's conceal feature could do anything to make this better or not.

      If anyone has some suggestions on how to use Vim's conceal with HTML I would be happy for any advice.  It is a Vim feature I haven't touched yet.

      Gary, if you want to email me directly, we can discuss this further and I could provide you some alternatives to try.

      David