137349Re: How can I open help in the current window?

  • Thiago de Arruda
    Apr 23, 2013
      OK I finally managed to get fully working and will post here in case anyone is
      interested, just put the code in vimrc and you can quickly invoke help in the
      current window by pressing <leader>h:

      function! OpenHelpInCurrentWindow(topic)
      view $VIMRUNTIME/doc/help.txt
      setl filetype=help
      setl buftype=help
      setl nomodifiable
      exe 'keepjumps help ' . a:topic
      endfunction

      command! -nargs=? -complete=help Help call OpenHelpInCurrentWindow(<q-args>)

      nnoremap <silent> <leader>h :view +1 $VIMRUNTIME/doc/help.txt

      Thanks for everyone's tips