137346Re: Undead buffer: gets deleted but respawns on session launch

    Apr 23, 2013
      On 23/04/13 17:41, Sylvia Ganush wrote:
      > Good day.
      >
      > What may cause a deleted buffer to reappear on session launch?
      >
      > I once edited a file, a Figlet font. I deleted the buffer, and
      > then exited Vim as I usually do:
      >
      > :mksession! session.vim
      > :wqa
      >
      > But when restart the session the deleted buffer is still present on the
      > :ls list. The buffer itself is empty. A 'ghost', if you wish.
      >
      > What gives?
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Sylvia

      The :ls! list (but not the :ls list without bang) contains buffers
      previously edited, even if deleted.

      See ":help :bwipeout" and the last paragraph under ":help :bdelete". See
      also ":help unlisted-buffer".

      According to the obituary notices, a mean and unimportant person never
      dies.