137334Re: How can I open help in the current window?

  • Thiago de Arruda
    Apr 23, 2013
      On 04/23, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      > So you can always open help for subject foobar in the current window
      > by doing
      > :view $VIMRUNTIME/doc/help.txt | help foobar

      This isn't working for me, while the help doc is opened, the topic for "foobar"
      opens in another window.

      I have even tried :view '$VIMRUNTIME/doc/help | setf help | help foobar' with no
      luck, the help topic always open in another window.

      I'm amazed that something that seems so simple is so difficult to accomplish in
      the most powerful editor :)