137184Re: What character is this?

    Apr 11 5:42 AM
      On 11/04/13 07:40, Christian Brabandt wrote:
      > Hi Tony!
      >
      > On Do, 11 Apr 2013, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      >
      >> ah, nice plugin; and the first time it fetches the UnicodeData.txt
      >> file from the Unicode Consortium's site. :-)
      >>
      >> After some playing with it, I notice that characters not in the list
      >> (e.g. U+3102) give errors:
      >>
      >> Error detected while processing function unicode#GetUniChar:
      >> line 38:
      >> E118: Too many arguments for function: add
      >> line 47:
      >> E684: list index out of range: 0
      >> E116: invalid arguments for function printf("'%s' U+%04X %s %s %s",
      >> glyph, values(dict)[0], keys(dict)[0], dchar, html))
      >> E116: Invalid arguments for function add
      >>
      >> All in all, I like it, in spite of these errors.
      >
      > I think, this error is fixed in the latest development version on
      > github. Can you please try with that version? If you find more errors,
      > please tell me and I'll fix those.
      >
      > regards,
      > Christian

      After git clone, make vimball, updating manually (because I place that
      plugin in $VIM/vimfiles, not ~/.vim), removing the BOM from the helpfile
      (I have 'bomb' on by default and :helptags doesn't like it), ":helptags
      $VIM/vimfiles/doc" and finally (very important) restarting Vim, the
      error has disappeared: I get just "Character ' ' U+3102 not found" in
      magenta on the message line (with a hollow box and subscript 3102
      starting between the quotes and extending rightwards over U+).

      *unicode.txt* A completion plugin for Unicode glyphs

      Author: Christian Brabandt <cb@...>
      Version: 0.17 Thu, 11 Apr 2013 14:17:13 +0200

      You can't judge a book by the way it wears its hair.