    Mar 31, 2013
      Hi Dotan!

      On So, 31 Mär 2013, Dotan Cohen wrote:

      > On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 7:34 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
      > >> Why is "syntax" an option yet "colorscheme" a command?
      > >
      > > Probably because colorschemes do not change the behaviour of Vim but
      > > rather change its appearance.
      > >
      > > But who really knows the reasoning why some commands are not options?
      > >

      > Thank you. I did not realize that syntax actually changes the
      > behaviour of VIM. I suppose that it could change things like
      > indentation.

      Yes, loading syntax files could e.g. change the 'isk' setting so syntax
      highlighting works better, but this might have other side effects. So in
      fact setting syntax (and therefore loading a special syntax file) might
      in fact change the behaviour of Vim.

      Actually I think the syntax option is a bad example here, since
      :set syntax?
      might not always give the exact syntax setting that is used.

      regards,
      Christian