136975Re: Register overwritten only when clipboard=unnamed

  • PARK, Kyung-Kook
    Mar 29, 2013
      On Saturday, March 30, 2013 3:03:45 AM UTC+9, Bee wrote:
      > On Mar 29, 8:26 am, <kyu...@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I am trying to copy & paste a word under the cursor.
      >

      > Are you trying to 'exchange' the word under the cursor with the one on
      >
      > the clipboard?
      >

      > What version of vim?
      >
      > What platform: Windows, Linux, Mac ?
      >

      > Bill

      I am using gVim 7.3 on Windows x64 platform.

      Yes, I want to replace a word at the cursor position by
      another word yanked from a different position.

      I thought viwp followed by yiw and cursor movement is
      a well-known sequence of key strokes for this purpose.
      Sorry for my previous imprecise description.

      With clipboard=unnamed and guioptions=a set,
      I found out there happens a hidden yank between
      viw( visually selecting a word ) and
      p( overwriting the selected visual block with previously yanked word )
      both to the unnamed register and the os clipboard register.

      So it looks like my previously yanked word
      just disappears from the register.
      But I don't think it's a bug or something
      because it operates as specified in
      guioption=autoselect section of vim documentation.

      With guioptions=a unset, this problem has gone.

      Thanks
      Kyung-Kook