136945Re: Question Ctrl+Shift+V

  • Hendrikus Godvliet
    Mar 27, 2013
      >Other solutions are mentioned in the faq at:

      Thanks for this info, it make it clear why and how text will be inserted literally.

      Gr Hendrikus

      Op di, mrt 26, 2013 at 4:42 ,Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> schreef:
      On Tue, March 26, 2013 13:25, Hendrikus Godvliet wrote:
      > I have a problem to get pasted copy in to Vim
      >
      > Please take a look to this two screenshots Gedit and Vim
      >
      > Vim make's a mash of the pasting code
      >
      > http://hendrikus-godvliet.appspot.com/chakras/30001
      >
      > Plaese can someone help to make me clear how to corect past copy from
      > outsite Vim into Vim.

      I don't understand what your problem is, and that webpage shows 2
      screenshots but no problem description, just how to copy and paste.
      I guess, everybody here knows those basic principle.

      Are you copying from an application outside of vim into terminal vim?
      Then as others have outlined, the solution is usually :set paste
      Other solutions are mentioned in the faq at:
      http://vimhelp.appspot.com/vim_faq.txt.html#faq-14.14

      If you are copy and pasting within your vim session, then I would
      say, this shouldn't happen. Can you reproduce the behaviour starting
      from vim -u NONE -N?
      It if doesn't happen, then your .vimrc or a plugin is likely the problem
      if it also happens there, you might have found a bug.

      Also see the faq for debugging this kind of stuff:
      http://vimhelp.appspot.com/vim_faq.txt.html#faq-36.12

      regards,
      Christian