136618vim does not delete a character after o command

  • FlashBurn
    Mar 5, 2013
      I have never experience this behavior before.

      I have the following code:

      123456789
      1 def get_login(realm, username, maysave):
      2 global login_cnt
      3 login_cnt = login_cnt + 1
      4 if login_cnt > MAX_LOGINS:
      5 raise LoginAttemptExceeded(
      6 'Number of login attempts allowed value,{}'.fomrat(MAX_LOGINS))
      7

      Say I'm on line 6. If I press 'o', my cursor moves to line 7, col 8, right under the `'` character. Now if I press backspace it won't erase anything between col 1 and 7. The cursor won't even move. Does anybody know what is the issue and how I can fix it?

      Any help is appreciated.