136604A couple of possible improvements to python omnicomplete.

  • Edd Barrett
    Mar 4, 2013
      Hi,

      I have been using vim for many years now and I finally got around to
      trying omni-completion, first with Python. Before this I have just had a
      www browser open on the Python API docs or used pydoc. I am aware of the
      super-extended versions of the standard completer like jedi-vim, but I
      find the default completer sufficiently lightweight and fast.

      I have a few gripes, that to a vim hacker may be trivial fixes(?):

      1) If completion for C-x, C-o yields a single match, then no
      documentation is shown. Why not? The docs are a nice touch and often I
      know the name of the function, just not the parameters.

      2) If you type a whole function name and press C-x, C-o then I get the
      message: "-- Omni completion (^O^N^P) Pattern not found". Why not say
      that there was a single match and show the docs?

      3) After pressing C-x, C-o and continuing typing, the list of
      suggestions disappears. Why not keep it there until a match is typed or
      until there are no longer matches?

      Are these easy fixes? I have had a look in pythoncompletion.vim in an
      attempt to fix 1 and 2, but could not see where the documentation window
      is opened.

      Cheers

      --
      Best Regards