136583Re: Favourite Terminal for use with vim ?

  • Tobias Klausmann
    Mar 1, 2013
      Hi!

      On Fri, 01 Mar 2013, Erik Christiansen wrote:
      > On 26.02.13 20:11, Tobias Klausmann wrote:
      > > Also, urxvt can be compiled to be very, very small, which
      > > some people prefer for whatever reason.
      >
      > Now that can be good to know. (I went for Debian with LXDE on
      > my laptop, to speed up booting, for example.)

      The thing about urxvt in this regard is mostly modularity. In the
      configure phase, you can remove a _lot_ of stuff. Here's a
      comparison to rxvt from the FAQ:

      http://pod.tst.eu/http://cvs.schmorp.de/rxvt-unicode/doc/rxvt.7.pod#Isn_t_rxvt_unicode_supposed_to_be_sm

      That said, I don't agree with all of the author's notions of
      "what a terminal needs". Then again, I can get what I want out of
      it, so I'm a happy camper.

      Regards,
      Tobias

      --
      printk("Illegal format on cdrom. Pester manufacturer.\n");
      linux-2.2.16/fs/isofs/inode.c