136578Re: Unable to compile Vim with Python 3, Perl, and OLE support for Windows XP with MinGW

  • cyboman
    Mar 1, 2013
      On Friday, March 1, 2013 3:40:53 PM UTC-5, cyboman wrote:
      > I tried to post similar question vim_dev group, but I think I posted in the wrong group. I apologize in advance if you have seen this question before. I'm going to try to post it here.
      >
      > Issue
      > I need to compile Vim with Python 3, Perl, and OLE and OLEsupport.
      >
      > Problem 1.
      > I tried to compile with OLE support (all I have to do is to set OLE=yes) but for some reason it doesn't work. As far as I understand it links some dll's but In order for them to work I need to copy them into my C:\Program Files\Vim\vim73 directory, specifically libstdc++-6.dll and libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll. Interestingly enough the Unable to locate component doesn't come up when I run vim.exe, it only comes up when I run gvim.exe and when I compile with OLE=yes (i.e if it is compiles with OLE=no gvim.exe works fine). Is there a way to statically link those libraries without the need of copying them?
      >
      > Problem 2.
      > Python 3 support doesn't work out right. I tried compiling with DYNAMIC_PYTHON3 set to yes as well as no. Whenever I try to run the following on the command line :python3 print(), whether it is (g)vim.exe crashes with a Runtime Library Error. If its vim.exe that crashed, then the command line contains the following message:
      > Fatal Python error: take_gil: NULL tstate
      >
      > I'm attaching the screenshots of errors. If you have answers to any of those questions, any help is appreciated.

      Here is what I have my .bat file, which I use for compilation. I got this instructions from http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Build_Python-enabled_Vim_on_Windows_with_MinGW and adapted them to my needs.

      @echo off
      REM this file must be run in Vim source directory (e.g., C:\devel\vim73\src)
      REM these folders and files can be deleted after compilation: /gobj/, /obj/, pathdef.c

      REM add "bin" directory of MinGW installation to system PATH
      PATH = C:\MinGW\bin;%PATH%;

      REM build GUI version (gvim.exe)
      mingw32-make.exe -f Make_ming.mak PYTHON3="C:/Python32" PYTHON3_VER=32 DYNAMIC_PYTHON3=yes PERL=C:/Perl PERL_VER=512 DYNAMIC_PERL=yes NETBEANS=no FEATURES=BIG OLE=yes GUI=yes gvim.exe > build_vim_log.txt 2>&1

      REM build console version (vim.exe)
      mingw32-make.exe -f Make_ming.mak PYTHON3="C:/Python32" PYTHON3_VER=32 DYNAMIC_PYTHON3=yes PERL=C:/Perl PERL_VER=512 DYNAMIC_PERL=yes NETBEANS=no FEATURES=BIG OLE=yes GUI=no vim.exe >> build_vim_log.txt 2>&1

      pause