136574Re: Vim wiki editable by git

  • Marc Weber
    Mar 1, 2013
      > with these custom mappings which happen to rely on custom
      > program x which is in my environment but you'll have to
      > compile it from source ...,' etc.
      But that's not solved by a wiki - compiling from source is always work.
      Its only solved by source friendly distributions like gentoo or
      nixos.

      > Well, I also think that vim.org would benefit from
      > a chatroom, Stack Overflow style.
      Stack Overflow is already being used.
      http://webchat.freenode.net/
      Information about how to use that

      > loads of new users asking questions, and who uses IRC
      > these days? :-)
      Many people, join and see yourself.

      > I think, given the enduring popularity of Vim, it needs
      > a centralised resource.
      Rewriting Vim is out of my scope - I've had plans to do so for months.
      So I try to apply 20/80 rule again.

      Thanks for joining and contributing ideas. A short irc howto is already
      there now.

      Marc Weber