136407Re: dbext and sqlplus without tnsnames

  • David Fishburn
    Feb 26 5:17 PM

      On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Vitor Eiji Justus Sakaguti <vitoreiji0@...> wrote:

      I'm trying to setup a dbext environment on a Windows machine to
      connect to a remote Oracle database.
      However, I don't have write access to tnsnames.ora and cannot add the
      proper entry for the database to which I need to connect.

      I tried several different forms of profile setting, according to the
      very examples in the help file

      Two suggestions:

      1.  :DBSetOption display_cmd_line=1
      2.  Try each profile setting.
      - Show us the profile string you used.
      - Show us the sqlplus cmd line generated.
      - Show us the error.

      but whatever I did, when I tried to
      execute somthing I saw that a cmd.exe was run with something like
      this:

      cmd.exe /c sqlplus -S "myUser/myPass@myServiceName"
      @C:\Users\More\Path\dbext.sql > C:\You\Get\The\idea\sdkfg.tmp 2>&1

      The :DBSetOption above will show you this cmd line in the normal dbext output buffer.

      From the dbext.txt I suspect the example that you want to use for your profile is:
          let g:dbext_default_profile_ORA_Extended = 'type=ORA:user=scott:passwd=tiger:srvname=(description=(address=(protocol=TCP)(host=localhost)(port=1521))(connect_data=(server=dedicated)(service_name=10gR2)))'

      Also, if you continue have problems can you run:
      :DBGetOption

      And post it's contents with your other output from above.

      David