136399Re: Always restore buffer list from .viminfo file

  • Arvid Warnecke
    Feb 26, 2013
      Hello Adrian,

      On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 08:21:23AM -0800, Adrian Luff wrote:
      > I use the following lines in my .vimrc…
      >
      > > " Auto save/load session
      > > function! CheckSessionFile()
      > > if filereadable(expand("$HOME/.vim/session/default.vim"))
      > > source $HOME/.vim/session/default.vim
      > > endif
      > > endfunction
      > >

      > > if has('gui_running')
      > > autocmd VimLeave * mksession! $HOME/.vim/session/default.vim
      > > autocmd VimEnter * nested call CheckSessionFile()
      > > autocmd * SessionLoadPost source $MYVIMRC
      > > endif
      >
      > This automatically saves a session when GUI Vim leaves and loads the
      > session file if it exists on start up.

      Thank you. I think some function like that might be helpful.

      > It may not work well for you since it sounds like you're always in
      > terminal Vim but I thought I'd pass it along.

      No, I don't believe in GUIs.

      Cheers,
      Arvid

      --
      [ Arvid Warnecke ][ arvid (at) nostalgix (dot) org ]
      [ IRC/OPN: "madhatter" ][ http://www.nostalgix.org ]