136394Re: Favourite Terminal for use with vim ?

  • Tobias Klausmann
    Feb 26, 2013
      Hi!

      On Wed, 13 Feb 2013, Erik Christiansen wrote:
      > programmer and for banging out posts within mutt. I've heard of people
      > preferring urxvt, but never figured out why.

      For a long time, urxvt's unicode support was multiple orders of
      magnitude better than xterm's (as in: xterm didn't have any). If
      you use more than the 26 Latin chars used in ASCII English in your
      everyday language, proper first-order support is important. Since
      you're an old fart like me: Unicode support was/is the modern
      equivalent of being 8-bit clean.

      Also, urxvt can be compiled to be very, very small, which some
      people prefer for whatever reason.

      Regards,
      Tobias

      --