136350Re: How to "fold more" only over specified range of lines

  • Ben Fritz
    Feb 22, 2013
      On Friday, February 22, 2013 9:24:57 AM UTC-6, Paul wrote:
      > For vim folds, "zm" and "zr" decreases and increases the depth of
      >
      > visible folds. Is there a way to modify the folds in this manner but
      >
      > only over a range of lines (perhaps delineated by 'a and 'b)?

      I don't know of a command to do this. If there is not one listed at :help fold-commands, it probably doesn't exist.

      It might be possible to script such a command, making use of the :foldopen and :foldclose commands. But this isn't a trivial task; I don't know of an easy way to get a list of all folds on a line and the depth, for nested folds. You can look at $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/2html.vim for how the fold information in a file is found and stored in usable form. If there's an easier way to do it I'd love to know about it.