136318Re: wide letter spacing when using gvim (GUI mode)

  • John Little
    Feb 20, 2013
      On Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:21:54 AM UTC+13, alexdongli wrote:
      > I wishes I had the root access to our company linux servers so that I could >compile vim with multi-byte disabled. Too many libraries/headers are missing >for me to compile gvim myself.

      You don't need root access to install a font for your own use.
      - Download a .ttf or .otf to wherever.
      - With KDE, open it with kfontviewer, click install, click personal.
      - With Gnome3, I think nautilus has support. Gnome 2 had gnome-font-viewer.

      This just copies the font file to .fonts in your home directory, in a directory whose name is the first letter of the font file name. I just downloaded monofur.ttf, and copied it to ~/.fonts/m, and gvim found it without further ado. (Unpleasant font, IMO).

      Regards, John Little