136299Re: wide letter spacing when using gvim (GUI mode)

    Feb 20, 2013
      On 20/02/13 19:25, John Little wrote:
      > That's what you get if you use a non-monospace font with the GTK2 build of vim (that build is the default). Try switching to a font that has "mono" in its name.
      >

      > Regards, John Little

      …or a font with "Courier" "Console" "Fixed" or "Typewriter" in its name:
      examples:

      Bitstream Vera Sans Mono
      DejaVu Sans Mono
      Luxi Mono
      Mitra Mono
      Monospace

      Courier New
      Courier New KOI-8

      Misc Console

      Misc Fixed

      Lucida Sans Typewriter

      I don't recommend Lucida if you have (or could have) text with bold
      Cyrillic text: in my experience, such glyphs are one pixel too wide in
      that font.

      Why does New Jersey have more toxic waste dumps and California have
      more lawyers?

      New Jersey had first choice.