136299Re: wide letter spacing when using gvim (GUI mode)

    Feb 20, 2013
      On 20/02/13 19:25, John Little wrote:
      > That's what you get if you use a non-monospace font with the GTK2 build of vim (that build is the default). Try switching to a font that has "mono" in its name.
      > Regards, John Little

      …or a font with "Courier" "Console" "Fixed" or "Typewriter" in its name:

      Bitstream Vera Sans Mono
      DejaVu Sans Mono
      Luxi Mono
      Mitra Mono

      Courier New
      Courier New KOI-8

      Misc Console

      Misc Fixed

      Lucida Sans Typewriter

      I don't recommend Lucida if you have (or could have) text with bold
      Cyrillic text: in my experience, such glyphs are one pixel too wide in
      that font.

      Best regards,
      Why does New Jersey have more toxic waste dumps and California have
      more lawyers?

      New Jersey had first choice.